Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:43:46 +0200
From:      Mike Crawfurd <mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl>
To:        THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rép : AMD PCNet family PCI

Dear Thierry,

THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr wrote:
> what if you disable the probe on the ISA bus (first with a visual config while
> booting, then and if the first way doesn't make it, removing the lnc0 entry from
> your config file ?)

Tried that already :-)
I'll paste my various config(8):

try #1 (both adapters):

controller isa0
controller pci0
device lnc0 at isa? port 0x1000 net irq 11 drq 0 vector lncintr

try #2 (only pci adapter #1):

controller isa0
controller pci0

try #3 (only isa adapter):

controller isa0
device lnc0 at isa? port 0x1000 net irq 11 drq 0 vector lncintr

try #4 (only pci adapter #2):

controller isa0
controller pci0
device lnc0

try #5 (only pci adapter #3):

controller isa0
controller pci0
device lnc0 at isa? disable

I think maybe the driver is incorrect ? Tried to read it ... but don't
understand it completly :-) (actually I don't understand it at all)

The network adapter worked fine under winddoos (yeah yeah I know it
sux...)

Mike.

--
TIA & TTUL,

Mike Crawfurd.

Mike Crawfurd                          Telephone. (+31) 10 253 7000
CMG Advanced Technologies Industries   Telefax.   (+31) 10 253 7033
Kralingseweg 241, 3062 CE Rotterdam    Mobile.    (+31) 65 534 7574
The Netherlands                        Email.     mike.crawfurd@cmg.nl