Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 02:21:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@virginia.edu>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enough Microsoft

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Adrian Filipi-Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, Ted Stein wrote:
>
> > Is this a list for FreeBSD advocacy suggestions, or a place to bash
> > Microsoft? If you want us to (for example) write a letter to our state
> > attorneys against Microsoft, pitch it out to -chat as an idea for spare
> > time. I've seen a few good advocacy ideas come through here, definitely,
> > and I don't mean any insult to those of you who are anti-Microsoft (and
> > show it here) or those who aren't. I simply mean that there is a threat of
> > "Microsoft this" and "Microsoft that" breaking out, and that's why I left
> > Linux.
>
> 	Well, I can see your point and do sympathise with it, I cannot
> agree with it.  Yes, bashing is booring, but I count on the better posts
> to published articles, etc. as things I can cite when arguing the
> correctness of choosing a non-MS OS for certain applications.  It sounds a
> lot better to have anecdotes and analysis, than it does to say "Well, I
> don't think your considering the alternatives. Listen to me!"

Well if you're looking for anti-MS info, check out the San Francisco
Chronicle.  I've yet to see positive press on MS.  The last tech related
article I read in it was something to the effect of "California trying to
get other states on the bandwagon [of suing Microsoft]", and something
about MS buying Vermont and Arizona senators.  Hmm. :^)

- alex

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern
technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."