Date:      Thu,  5 May 2005 13:57:26 +0200
From:      valery.seys@free.fr
To:        bod@freebsdfoundation.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, postmaster@freebsd.org
Cc:        valery@vslash.com
Subject:   How to communicate now ? Not by the way of freedom.

Yesterday :
<freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>: host mx1.freebsd.org[216.136.204.125]
said: 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [82.67.185.6]
recipient=freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
 From <valery@vslash.com>

Nice days of freedom are gone away.

*AOL* >> .. a lot .. >> *FreeBSD*

What is the difference btw AOL and FreeBSD ?
The former is a commercial entity, the later
an Opensource fundation. At first view, there's
no relationship, objectives and ethics are different.
So, why both are using the same bad rules, ie rejecting
your email because you don't have a hostname ?
What is this new rule ? I can't see it in any
RFC, STD.
I respect the rules, you don't. There's no rules
specifying that one MTA sending a mail must have
an IP corresponding to its hostname. Why ?
Because there's some little independant server like
mine which are master of their zone but not
of their IP, because their operators don't
want to allow these guys this privilege,
because they want monitor, control, manage
and in fact sell their shits. They don't allow
you to master your IP, they prefer to block
your email saying : "every guy having a MTA
is potentially a pirate ; the right MTA are ours,
if you want to communicate you must use our very
good MTA, not yours".
I just ask for one question : who send virus ?
For who is the benefice ? Not for freedom,
not for guys respecting a democratic communication,
and thinking about the Bell brothers sending their
first octet btw two computers and saying : "wow,
all people would communicate now, everywhere,
a great step for freedom and democracy".
You're rules are purely and simply a Wall of Berlin
btw the freedom and a dictatorial view of the
internet. First, these rules won't eliminate virus
and sender of virus. Second, breaking these rules,
you agree that any commercial and private entity
can evolve their own law. It's a shame.
Adopting their point of view is adopting their
vision : the law of the stronger, the law of
private entity. I repeat my question :
who send virus ? Not me, not you,
not your friends, not mines, ok, but who do ?
On my side, i refuse to modify my MTA in order
to accept this new rule ; i prefer stop sending
emails.
I sincerily regret that a fundation like FreeBSD
adopt these rules. It's a failure, and this one
is the one of the freedom, equality and democracy.
Welcome to the new world, welcome to their world.
Not mine, be sure. Don't be surprise to see RFID
chips on our future identity cards, we are on the
right way. "For your security" said the Whyte Man.

Regards,

Valéry Seys
valery@vslash.com
Paris

"In a paranoiac world paranoiac guy says the truth"
P.H. Dick