Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 22:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Puting PnP support into -current by default

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> device gus0 at isa? port  0x220 irq 11 drq 5 flags 0x7 vector gusintr
>
> In this case, the gus driver at probe times calls the PnP routines however
> it uses the configuration values pass to the driver to activate and
> configure the GUS PnP.

Unfortunately, simplify it down to a simple case like this isn't easy AT
ALL.  There are things like logical devices, multiple irqs/drqs, serial
numbers, and zillions of other things that need to be handled.  Also, the
code needs to be generic enough to handle all ISA PnP devices.

I'll try to speed up development on this stuff a bit, but I'm still a bit
off from being ready to commit.  Unless someone *really* wants to see the
stuff "kludged" into -current sooner.

Sujal