Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:28:31 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@complx.LF.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network Monitoring

Hi.

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 04:20:47PM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> > nagios (also in the ports). It's extremely flexible.
>
> We have performance issues with it (approx. 400 systems).
> Is this just us or ... ?

Well, we have only 50 Hosts, 250 services in monitoring. No performance
issues so far (unless we use the nagios software vulnerability check
every 5 minutes on some 20 hosts - which makes no sense anyway :-). This
is nagios 2.0b6 on a 2.8 GHz FreeBSD machine also doing cacti,
smokeping, syslog and some other NOC centric tasks.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |