Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 15:55:43 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Woah! cdrom.com!

>> >Waitaminute, is that an ethernet I see between MCI and CRL?
>>
>>    This is the second report we've gotten about this, and the last one had a
>> nearly identical traceroute - MCI through mae-east. The last one I analyzed
>> showed that the problem was the MCI -> MAE-east hop, not the MAE-east -> CRL
>> hop. I don't know what to say about this other than it appears to me to be an
>> MCI problem. CRL has future plans to upgrade their connection to MAE-east to
>>DS3 (it is currently 10Mbits), but in this case it appears that it's not going
>>to matter. :-(
>
>Can one send in a problem report to MCI to get the routing from MCI to CRL to
>go through the PacBell NAP?

   You can if you're an MCI customer. I sent in a problem report to CRL about
30 minutes ago about the this, but other than analyze it and say "yeah, it's a
problem", they're not likely going to be able to do much about it. CRL already
sets a high cost on the MAE-east connection - which is why the outbound
traffic prefers the PB-nap.

-DG

David Greenman