Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:56:54 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        James <jamespi@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Response to 'Write to FreeBSD Newbies' link

James wrote:

>Having read through your site and coming upon the link for said subject, I
>wish to request more information, as it would be a good thing to get
>involved as I am new to FreeBSD myself.
>
>Kindest regards,

Hello, James.

the charter says something about "a place for newbies
to communicate...blah, blah..."

The best resource for a newbie, believe it or not,
is the handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook.

Quite possibly the second best  resource is the
questions mailing list, questions@freebsd.org.
Be warned that it's rather high volume, should
you decide to subscribe to it.

There are several good books on FreeBSD,
do a Google or other search and see if you
can find books by Greg Lehey or Sue Blake,
or others.  You can even catch both of them
on the mailing lists (Sue reads this one, methinks,
while Greg will post to questions occasionally,
but generally only on specialized RAID issues...)

Welcome to FreeBSD!

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.
Missouri, USA