Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:06:26 +0200
From:      Dennis Pashutinsky <k-unker@fbsd.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fujitsu-Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile V5515

Hi.

I have bought Fujitsu-Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile V5515 notebook. And have troubles
with FreeBSD  on it. First at all, I could install FreeBSD 7.0 from CD only
in safe mode. If I use normal boot mode, I have error ( acd0: FAILURE -
READ_BIG HARDWARE ERROR ) and system hangs. I've disable dma: sysctl
hw.ata.atapi_dma=0. But there is no result :-(

Does anybody knows something about such kind of errors?

P.S. Chipset: SIS M672 / SiS 968
http://facts.fujitsu-siemens.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dspcontent&lid=161&page=1

--
Regards,