Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:41:56 +0200
From:      noud@knot.nl (noud de brouwer)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>, John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>, James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: is there a sys.tar.gz??

Wow..thanx for the fast reply!!
At the moment my NetBSD/mac68k gateway is very instable
(the mini din-8 serial port..being short of one pin),
given that i found work the first time since 2 years,
i need a trustfull gateway as i'm not in the house.
i'd like to be up&running fast..

..hum..i went on refetching kernel-developer i.s.o. user.
now that's about 70Mb given i've got a 100Mb disk with 16Mb swap.

As i understand you all, there's a ppp driver besides and in the
kernel. the one besides is for dialing into the net, the one inside
is for other ppp services, f.i. people dialing in.

I'd like to set it up as a gateway; ppp to the net and ether inside.
Given my disk having 14Mb left, is that anough to compile the kernel??

How long will it take to compile the kernel given it's a 486sx,
no co-processor as far as i see, 8Mb??

If 14Mb free space is to less, can i setup an 40Mb disk as swap and
the 100Mb as / ?? Do i need to do things for such a setup?

ThanX,
~n