Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:08:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        sprout2@ix.netcom.com, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What file to I need for base

In article <4s3aep$8i4@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

: I am currently a Linux user and I wanted to try out FreeBSD but when I
: went to download the "base" system I had no idea what file I needed.  I
: look at the FreeBSD handbook but I could not the information I needed.
: Could somone tell me what file I need to download for the "base" system
: to run on a 486.

 Have another which browse through the FreeBSD Handbook, the section
 on installing FreeBSD.   You only need the one "boot" image to install
 and you "may" need other files depending on the type of install
 (from the net, from cdrom, from msdos partition)

 All these senarios are covered in the handbook.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...