Date:      Tue, 16 May 1995 11:22:59 +0300
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Compiling everything with -g, how to make installworld?

Is there an easy way to do make world with -g?  I would like to keep the
symbols around to be able to track problems easier.  I don't mind the disk
consumption (compared to price of work, disk space is free).

Another problem; I would like to make world once and do install over nfs on
all systems instead of compiling everything again everywhere.  Just doing
install isn't enough as hierachies aren't built.  Anyone with a good rule
to add into /usr/src/Makefile (or is it there already)?

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@cs.hut.fi  home +358-0-8031121 work -4513377 fax -4555276  riippu SN