Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 23:26:51 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who broke the CVS repository?

"Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:
> I've just tried re-supping it 3 times, no change.
> Came across this trying (note keyword) to do a make release:
> U src/contrib/libg++/libg++/tests/tDeque.exp
> U src/contrib/libg++/libg++/tests/tDeque.inp
> U src/contrib/libg++/libg++/tests/tFile.cc
> U src/contrib/libg++/libg++/tests/tFile.exp
> cvs [checkout aborted]: EOF in key in RCS file
> /home/cvs/src/contrib/libg++/libg++/tests/tFile.inp,v
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> {/usr/src/release} root@mortis: %
>
> Looking at the file, it isn't an RCS file by any stretch; it's all data,
> no revision information.
>
> 'Fess up   ;)

This is important..  Move the file out of the way but keep a copy in case.
 Let cvsup grab a new copy.   If you've had local filesystem corruption,
the timestamps and size flags will be an exact match with the server so
it'll skip the file and no checksums will be exchanged (I think you can
force this, but it'll slow you down a lot for the update).

If you get a new corrupted copy, we're in trouble. :-]

Where are you getting the files from?  A mirror might be out of sync..
(Hmm, the master on freefall seems OK...)

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>   Netplex Consulting