Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:11:42 +0100
From:      "barbara" <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        "gnome" <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   hal and cd9660 volume.label

I have a question about hal and volume.label.
If I create an iso image with mkisofs and I burn it to a cd/dvd with cdre=
cord/growisofs, hal mounts it with the label padded to 16 characters.
This is evident when the icon appears on the desktop with the label not c=
entered but apparently shifted to left.
For example, if the volume label is TEST, with lshal I see
    $ lshal | grep TEST
    udi =3D '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_label_TEST____________'
      info.hal_mount.created_mount_point =3D '/media/TEST            '  (=
string)
      info.product =3D 'TEST            '  (string)
      info.udi =3D '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_label_TEST_______=
_____'  (string)
      volume.mount_point =3D '/media/TEST            '  (string)
      volume.label =3D 'TEST            '  (string)

and hal mounts the image under /media/TEST\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ /

This happens with images created and burned on FreeBSD and Linux, however=
 on linux (hal-0.5.10) the label isn't padded.

This behavior lead me to think that the problem is with hal on FreeBSD.
Anyway labels are not padded on media burned with a common commercial app=
lication for Windows.
So I can't understand if the problem is with hal on FreeBSD and/or mkisof=
s or in the way I'm using them.

For reference, the mkisofs command used is
    $ mkisofs -o TEST.iso -V "TEST" -iso-level 3 -l -r -hide-rr-moved -J =
-joliet-long -graft-points "/=3D./test"