Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:33:14 +0100
From:      brasseur johnny <pointer2002@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ADSL question

Hello the bsd alpha list ! I'm Johnny Brasseur , from france (near Paris)=
=2E
   (i'm french so forgive me if it's hard for me to be understood).
I'm quite new to bsd and alpha and i 'was wondering if i can ask this kin=
d of=20
questions on this list... (i'm used to gnu/linux and M$).
I have at home a somewhat old 21064 workstation dec named
alphaworkstation 255/300 wich posseses 1Gb of HardDrive SCSI2.
I lately installed BSD to check if it could make my day.
I knew bsd is the right choice for my pupose when i installed it on this=20
computer (it seemed it was made for it).
Actually, my goal is to use this little workstation as a firewall for a l=
ocal=20
little network using ADSL and maybe as a web server or file server for=20
personnal purpose (ex: having a file repository i could use anywhere from=
,=20
exchanging data with others with the rights i could define...).
The pb is i don't quite know what kind of hardware (modem) i have to use=20
neither how to make it work (i'm not so good at networking configs).
So my questions are:
- is there an existing adsl modem working on alpha/bsd.
- how to make it work to share the connection between several PCs on=20
bsd/linux/windows.
If any of you know where i can find docs on that purpose it can be useful=
l.
Any help appreciated.
Johnny.

PS: Happy new year to everyone.
--=20
Johnny Brasseur jbrasseur@yahoo.fr
Architecte Technique
GFI Informatique
Web http://pointer2002.free.fr/ pointer2002@free.fr
Si vous ne pouvez pas expliquer quelque chose a une enfant de six ans,
vous ne le comprenez probablement pas.
Albert Enstein.
(which means something like: if you can't explain something to a six year=
s old=20
child then you probably don't understand it yourself)