Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 15:30:11 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3 terabytes on one server? (was Re: more than 32 scsi disks on a  single machine ?)

> On Mon, 13 May 1996, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:
> >
> > With the above setup it took 1 minute and 5 seconds to fsck my two disks.
>
>     Do you actually see multiple fsck processes though?  According to
> the man page, there should be one per physical disk.  I only see a
> single fsck process, even with 9 disks online.
>
> > I hope that you have multiple scsi controllers 8) I just have one
> > adaptec 2940 which is adequate for my 2 scsi disks ...
>
>     On the news server, yes (3 NCR controllers), but not on the FTP
> server.

Oh, I just crash my system by pressing power-cyle . The first time
around I had all "1" on my fstab and it took 1 minute and 30 seconds
however I left out a 500mb partition. And as I pointed out even with
the extra 500 MB partition my last fsck took less time than my first
one so I have to assume that some parallization is taking place.

	Cheers,
	Amancio