Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 2014 18:51:51 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <eugene@zhegan.in>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webcamd, pwc and vga

Hi.

On 25.12.2014 18:30, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Try building webcamd with debugging enabled in the port (make config).
>
> Then run webcamd in foreground for your instance. See "ps auxww" for
> the complete command line.
>
> What does webcamd output?

It says exactly this:

[root@bsdrookie:multimedia/webcamd]# /usr/local/sbin/webcamd -d ugen1.3
-U webcamd -G webcamd
: USB HID core driver
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 14
IR NEC protocol handler initialized
IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized
IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
IR JVC protocol handler initialized
IR Sony protocol handler initialized
IR SANYO protocol handler initialized
IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
IR XMP protocol handler initialized
b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded
successfully
uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs directory
USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
cpia2: V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA2 based cameras v3.0.1
pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
USBVision USB Video Device Driver for Linux : 0.9.11
em28xx: Registered (Em28xx v4l2 Extension) extension
em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
Attached to ugen1.3[0]
Creating /dev/video0
Creating /dev/input/event0

Then it says nothing more. It says nothing when I issue 'pwcview' and
I'm watching the video, and it says nothing when I issue 'pwcview -s
vga', and a green window appears for 5 secs and then an error I
mentioned appears in the pwcview term.

Eugene.