Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:34:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gclarkii@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing the Handbook

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> [ repeat transmission after bounce ]
>
> > From: Gary Clark II <gclarkii>
>
> > If no one disagrees
> > I would be willing to donate/pay %25 of my net profits to FreeBSD Inc. more
> > if there are many copies sold.
>
> Hi Gary,
> I'm afraid I don't like the sound of this.
> if it's in the src/ tree, it's FreeBSD,
> & FreeBSD isn't for sale :-)
> We can use src/* without the headache of royalty payments to anyone,
> anything more restrictive gets tossed in ports.

Walnut Creek sells FreeBSD.  I think there might be a case made for this,
but I would guess discussion is called for.  I'd _want_ the handbook
published, and no one will do it for free.  I want the CDROM pressed,
too, what's the key difference you see?  I don't pretend to be a lawyer,
comment on this.

> ... or have I misunderstood you ?
>
> Julian S.

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

     Here's OJ's internet address in hex code:
           00 2F 2F 2F 2F 5C 7F 2D 0D 15 1B 19 24 24 24 18
           If you can't recall the translation, here it is:
           null character, slash, slash, slash, slash, backslash, rubout, dash,
           carriage return, negative acknowledgement, escape, end of media,
           dollar sign, dollar sign, dollar sign, cancel