Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:36:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: age check :)

I am as old as the sands of time and I play DESCENT.

Did you know that Parallax released DESCENT source code? Yep! It's
supposedly requires a watcom(?) assembly compiler or something. If I get
really ambitious I may look at it.

Descent was one of the best early first person fully 3D games and it still
kicks cwache in the ass. It was also an early 3D game that ran over the
net. A certain fellow (Jay Cotton) wrote IHHD (internet head to head
daemon) and shortly there after KALI was born. KALI was the best 20 bucks
I have ever spent on software.

If you still use winblows, your should try DESCENT over KALI. Just try not
to get to embarassed when you get completely lost and run into walls. A
friend of mine even said playing DESCENT on a projection screen made him
throw up. The sensation of movement is REALLY that good.

Head to head gaming is the only gaming that is truly a challenge.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/