Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 08:24:48 -0800
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        "Mike Del" <repenting@hotmail.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking problems, Please Help!

"Mike Del" writes:
    >From: Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
    >
    >Sounds to me like an interrupt problem.  Not uncommon.  You might try
    >specifying different interrupt values for the card in /etc/pccardd.conf.

    Ok, What different interrupt values should I use?

    ----my pccard.conf----
    # 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D.
    	card "3Com Corporation" "3C589"
    	config	default "ep0" any
    	insert	echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
    	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device
    	remove	echo 3Com Etherlink III removed
    	remove	/etc/pccard_ether_remove $device

Is that really the entirety of your pccard.conf?  Are there no entries above that
for IRQ's?

Anyhow, try replacing the "any" with 10, 11, 5 -- whatever (more or
less)-- until you get something that works.  Look at the dmesg output so
you can be at least moderately sure that you are not specifying an IRQ
that is already in use.