Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:03:29 +0100
From:      Stanley Westerveld <stanley@nl.demon.net>
To:        "Andy [TECC NOPS]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tftpd upload question

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:20:45PM -0000, Andy [TECC NOPS] wrote:
> Yeah, in the past I have had to create
> the upload file on the server first
> by cp /dev/null /tftpboot/filename
> and set it's perm before the upload.
> Anyone know a better solution?

cp /dev/null /tftpboot/filename is a few more key strokes than what I'd
prefer. Why not simply use "touch filename" ?

As for the permissions; it's tftp, with the T for trivial. From the
manpages:

BUGS

Because there is no user-login or validation within the TFTP
protocol, the remote site will probably have some sort of file-access
restrictions in place.  The exact methods are specific to each site and
therefore difficult to document here.

Let's simply be happy with the fact that the tftp command makes you create
the file and set the permissions manualy. Some day, it'll save you from
overwriting some essential configuration file....

Stanley

--
"There is no spoon"

stanley@nl.demon.net