Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:32:45 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oddity with dump(8) or sa(4) in -current

Well, honestly, the last working version I had was late feb/early-march, at which point i lost my connectivity.  Then I had a cmos
battery go bad without the settings being written, this caused an IRQ conflict which I only resolved a few days ago.  They say "shit
happens", well, I had a whole manure truck dump on me over the past few months, and I'm only now getting my shit together.

All I can say is that it worked late-feb/early-march.

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Can you isolate a time when the change happened for you?
>
> Part of the problem for me is I'm in the middle of untangling a bunch
> of NEW_TRAN_CODE changes, and my latest quick && dirty test on tape
> (remote from home, I'm recuperating from minor surgery today) had me
> try and interrupt a dump, and then issue a scsi bus reset, only to see:
>
> (noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS reset delivered.
> (sa0:sym0:0:6:0): Retrying Command
>
> which for a tape write would be totally wrong.
>
> -matt
>
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Jim Bryant wrote:
>
> > Okay, thanks.  I'll gladly help test any changes.
> >
> > sounds like /dev/sushi to me...  mmmmmmmmm!
> >
> > Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > > No, all devices are block devices now. Linux has no raw, FreeBSD has no
> > > cooked. Feh.
> > >
> > > Okay- I'll try and chase this down again. It's really time for me to pay
> > > attention to sa(4) again.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!