Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:22:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gregory Pavelcak <gpav@som.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   mh send/post question

OK, this is not a FreeBSD question, but I have not heard back from
the University help desk, and I thought someone in the FreeBSD
community might know this one.

I have a login account at UMass.

$ uname -a
OSF1 emily.oit.umass.edu V4.0 878 alpha

I can send mail fine from pine or using mailx, but since I'm muttless
here, I like to just use the mh commands. However, when I use comp
and ask to send the message I get:

post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no smtp servers available
send: message not delivered to anyone

I have tried various settings for SMTP and SMTP_SERVER in my shell
with no luck. I have also tried a variety of things in my
.mh_profile: setting sendproc and/or postproc to sendmail. That
didn't work either.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this one and Happy Holidays to
all.

Greg