Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 1995 11:09:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Impact of upcoming 2.1 release on the STABLE branch?

> >Anyone know what it is?  What will STABLE be after this release goes?
>
>    For awhile (months), it will continue to be the 2.1 sources. We are
> planning a 2.1.5 (perhaps 2.1.1 - we haven't decided yet what to call it)
> release sometime during the first quarter of '96.
>
> -DG

Wait a second...

I thought that STABLE was something *less than* 2.1?  So once 2.1 "ships",
then STABLE will be 2.1 as-is, plus perhaps patches?

I'm trying to figure out which copy to SUP here and maintain locally.  I
haven't used CURRENT, as that is by definition at times not even compilable.

For a production system, STABLE has been ok for us -- is this the continuing
recommendation?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
Modem: [+1 312 248-0900]     | (shell, PPP, SLIP, leased) in Chicagoland
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | 7 Chicagoland POPs, ISDN, 28.8, much more
Fax: [+1 312 248-9865]       | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net
ISDN - Get it here TODAY!    | Home of Chicago's *Three STAR A* Clarinet feed!