Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 13:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>, The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> For sure you have appeal to my hacker / gadget interest and pave
> the way to make me productive in the marketing arena . I love it!!
>
> If you feel that you need an assistant for an event in the Bay Area
> please don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> 	Tnks!
> 	Amancio

Okay, here's the plan...you hit the Bay Area, and I'll hit the Los Angeles
area. :) Maybe we can colaborate on strategy, information for flyers,
where to get stickers, cd's, etc? I think we need a bigger following
though.  Can't do it all by ourselves, can we?

Mark Mayo's "FreeBSD In Academia" site pretty much paves the road to ideas
on how to get FreeBSD used in schools.  I think hitting community colleges
would be the best bet in order to start out with, then we can hit
specialty schools. DeVry teaches students about "Telecommunication"
technology.  Such as setting up phone systems, networks and servers.
What better sever to use than FreeBSD?  We need to promote FreeBSD to them
and educate them on how FreeBSD can be used to save money for
corporations, and how stable it is.  Considering that they're an
educational facility, we could educate them that FreeBSD would be the
perfect OS to use because BSD was born from an educational enviroment.

Now we just have to figure how to get the attention of Proffessors and
Teachers in these enviroments.  Got any ideas?

Joey Garcia