Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 1989 20:31:50 -0700
From:      "Mark J. Steckel" <mjs@fix.net>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Port is Best for Converting DB/2

Hello All,

At 11:34 AM 4/17/00 -0400, Mark Mayo wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 10:21:12AM -0500, Chanandler Boing wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for recomendations on which database port to use.  I'll be
> > moving a low-use DB/2 database onto our FreeBSD 4.0 machine.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
>I'm assuming you're referring to IBM DB/2, in which case I believe
>the Linux version works under FreeBSD.

Can anyone confirm this? I tried to get IBM DB2 V6.1 to run under FreeBSD
3.4 with no success. I read through the mail archives and the other usual
suspects but gained no enlightment... (Acutally, all I want to do is run
the client software under FreeBSD as we are running the database on AIX.)

After a good bit of work trying to make this happen I began to suspect that
there was some issue with shared memory, but this is a complete guess...

Mark