Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:51:10 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Freddie Cash <fcash@sd73.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam filters

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:59:01 -0700
Freddie Cash <fcash@sd73.bc.ca> wrote:

> On October 3, 2005 07:03 pm, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:48:22 +0300
> > Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> > > On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:02:36 +0200
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > Just to clarify:
> > We've deployed a solution involving all above a week ago and some
> > months ago I've helped a 40k domains setup for a hosting company.
>=20
> I've just started researching dspam and am looking for ways to
> integrate it into our mail gateway (FreeBSD 5.x box running Postfix,
> Amavisd-new, SpamAssassing w/Pyzor and DCC, and ClamAV).  The gateway
> receives mail for 15 domains and roughly 5000 accounts spread across
> those domains. Handles about 250,000 messages per month, with maybe
> 35,000 of those being legit.
>=20
> I'll admit, I've only just begun reading through the docs online and=20
> just picked up the Ending Spam book authored by the coder behind
> dspam, so I haven't touched a lot of the info that's out there.
>=20
> But, any pointers toward good documentation or example configs would
> be greatly appreciated.

Tonni's www.billy.demon.nl/Postfix-amavisd-new-dspam.html comes in mind.

You'll probably want to use some type of groups to reduce db load and
learn time. You could have a postfix-dspam-clam only setup. You could
also use the sbl joz is providing (both client and server ports are
WIP).

Drop me an email with more info about your actual setup if you want.

--=20
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"