Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 11:51:06 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper), nirva@ishiboo.com, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-10 Mouse Remote patch

> And it has NO business in moused whatsoever, its a hack and it doesn't
> belong there. I'm sorry I havn't noticed this before, but its should be
> ripped out ASAP, I would never have allowed it in there if I had
> found out before.

Actually, no.  The MouseRemote is a mouse, amongst other things, and
it's specifically intended to be connected inline with mice.  As such,
our protocol handler for mouse data streams is the correct place to put
it.  Ripping it out without simultaneously coming up with an equally
functional and architecturally 'better' solution is not going to endear
you to anyone.

I did actually propose to Randall the implementation of a stackable
'interception' layer, again to be managed by moused, however with only
one device (so far) in this particular circumstance, it didn't seem
worth the effort.