Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:17:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Clark <jrclark@netview.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo

Hi,

I just made the switch from FreeBSD 2.1 to FreeBSD 2.1-stable.  I have
configured a new kernel to be identical to the old configuration file.  The
only difference that I see is the "controller eisa0" line (I commented it
out as I have no EISA bus).  Now when I boot, the networking is down, and
the following message is printed hundreds of times:

arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 199.3.74.1

(199.3.74.1 is my gateway)

Fortunately, the previous kernel is enough the keep the box operational.
Anyone else run into this problem?

John Clark
[jrclark@netview.net]