Date:      Sat, 09 May 1998 23:36:40 -0400
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

At 09:27 PM 5/9/98 , you wrote:
>Jamie Zawinski from Mozilla.org expressed the view that there is no Linux
>or FreeBSD port of mozilla, just a Unix port. And the the term "reference
>platform" means that all mozilla features are available on the Unix port,
>then that includes FreeBSD.

Then I wish somebody would drop the word over to Marc.  His name dropping
and posing for pictures with Tux aren't doing anything to help the UNIX
community on the whole.

The technical playing field may actually be more level, but we can't afford
to ignore the ugly implications of these statements from a marketing
perspective.

K.S.