Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:15:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        joe@pavilion.net, toasty@dragondata.com
Cc:        babkin@bellatlantic.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1 - infinite setup ?

> We've got a similar problem.  Instals fine as root, runs
> fine a 'joe', but if anyone else tries to run it they get
> the setup screen!  My hunch is that it's something to do with
> permissions on Sys5 IPC queues or something.  A Ktrace of both
> showed that different things were going on, but I lost the plot
> before working out exactly what.

I wasn't paying attention to the beginning of this thread, so forgive
me if I'm repeating something already stated...

Are you sure you initially installed StarOffice with the /net option
(./setup /net)?  There is also a StarOffice setup file that is
created in the home directory of each person that runs setup (don't
recall what the name of it is, .soffice?).  You have to be sure
to delete this file before running setup.

Each user then needs to run setup once (without /net) and select
a workstation install, which just installs a few files in their
home directory.

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com