Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:33:58 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        Marty Poulin <mpoulin@rascal.honk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD: The Storage Wars

At 00:01 29-03-1999 -0500, Marty Poulin wrote:
>Have you taken a look at the ports collection?  There is a "metaport" that
>installs everything you need for KDE in there - it's what I used and it
>worked quite well.

Yes, thank you. I have since found and installed it. And I definitely need
more memory. :-( I am going to experiment with bigger swap area to see if
it works for now. Just received a tip from Unix Guru Universe how to
increase the swap area without label, so I want to play with that.

>No, no.  Any software written for X will run in X, regardless of the
>window manager.  There are applications written specifically for KDE which
>will only run under KDE, but you can run any X application in KDE or
>afterstep or FVWM...  that's the whole nature of X.

Oh good. Thanks,

Adam
---
Want to design your own web counter?