Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:28:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Xi Liu <xliu99@yahoo.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Quick question on recompiling freebsd 6.2 port of firefox-2.0.0.11, 1

Hi there,

I am trying to hack the firefox code a bit to be able
to print to a file without a dialog/prompt for file
name(path) on freebsd 6.2.

The port compiles fine from the root dir
(/usr/ports/www/firefox-devel) of the port.

Then I made some simple changes to a file
"nsPrintSettingsImpl.cpp" in
"/usr/ports/www/firefox-devel/work/mozilla/gfx/src".

Then I type "make" or "make build" in the root dir of
the port. It does not recompile to pickup my
changes(see below)
pe2900# pwd
/usr/ports/www/firefox-devel
pe2900# make
pe2900#
pe2900# make build
pe2900#

I read the man page on "ports" and can not find any
build targets I can force recompiling.

My question is how can I recompile the extracted port
to pickup my changes?

Thanks,
Xi

Be a better friend, newshound, and