Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:29:56 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        andy@xecu.net, Mark_Andrews@isc.org
Cc:        vadim_nuclight@mail.ru, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INET6 required for SCTP in 7.0?

O.K., have snipped all the above IPv4 stuff, which actually seems quite
reaosnable (though appears to foorget about STF), but this line...

> In the meantime, I'd like to only enable IPv6 on IPv6 enabled networks.

...I fail to see how not wanting to enable it leads to you wanting
to remove it from the kernel entirely ? That is the bit I don't understand
about all of this discussion. Theres probably hundereds of bits in the kernel
you havent enabled and don't use, why specificly do you want an option
to take IPV6 out ?

I am genuinely piuzzled - why isn't "ipv6_enabled="NO" sufficient ? That's
what I do on IPv4 networks and it works fine for me.

-pete.