Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:59:16 +0200
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, stable@freebsd.org

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:27, Mike Harding wrote:
> "If you would like a site be added or removed from BlarsBL, you may hire
> Blars at his normal consulting rates (currently $250/hour, 2 hour
> minimum, $1000 deposit due in advance for non-established customers)
> to investigate your evidence about the site. If it is found that the
> entry was a mistake, no charge will be made and the entire deposit
> will be refunded. Send Blars email from a non-listed account to verify
> current rates and arrange payment."
>
> (Further research indicates that blars may be legit, but this is kind
> of sleazy)

Yeouch!
Pretty slimy :(

> The 'rejection' text appears as follows:
>
> Your message with the subject &
> "'last' working OK for everybody on 4-STABLE?" addressed to
> "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org> was rejected by a open relay
> due to smtp server is listed at block.blars.org smtp server is listed
> at blackholes.five-ten-sg.com smtp server is listed at xbl.selwerd.cx

I got this too when I sent a message about firewire. I tried sending via my
work and home systems using an ssh tunnel, but both produced this response.

I am very confident both systems are not open relays too..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5