Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:41:30 +0100
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO 505F vs Toshiba 3015CT

--------------03F068B88A8E894829252B0D

Dan Busarow wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Nate Williams wrote:
> > > I have my laptop running pre-CAM, and the SlimSCSI works fine there.
> > > You gotta remember not to eject the card while FreeBSD is up, however.

Actually, if you cut'n'paste, or patch, across the dismount-on-eject
code from
PAO you can do so safely.

> > FWIW, Win95 also locks up often if I eject the card with the SlimSCSI in
> > it as well, so we're doing as well as it is. :)
>
> Win98 will lockup if you eject an *ethernet* card without doing
> their equiv of ifconfig down :)  Told my partner he was nuts until
> he showed me, and showed me the help section on downing it first.
>
> Dan
> --
>  Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
>  Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com
>  Dana Point, California  83 09 EF 59 E0 11 89 B4   8D 09 DB FD E1 DD 0C 82

--------------03F068B88A8E894829252B0D

begin:vcard
n:van Gulik;Dirk-Willem
tel;fax:+39 0332 78 9185
tel;work:+39 0332 78 9549
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://me-www.jrc.it/~dirkx
org:Joint Research Center of the European Commission;Software Technology and Applications, Institute for Systems, Informatics and Security
version:2.1
email;internet:Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
title:Mr
adr;quoted-printable:;;TP 270 - ISIS/STA=0D=0AJoint Resarch Center;Ispra;VA;21020;Italy
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Dirk-Willem van Gulik
end:vcard