Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:28:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      michael <michael@nettmail.de>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dummynet and modem pipes

> when simulating modem pipes using dummynet, how do we simulate the
> modem compressions? one way is to pick a compress rate, say 2, and
> setup
> fake larger bandwidth, but do different traffic (html, jpg, mpg) affect
>
> the compression latency or compression rate significantly? tia
>
> -yuchung

Hi,

my idea was may a little bit idiotic or stupid may have you
probed an ppp-tunnel through 2 Nic's and throug 2 Modempipes on each
host.

Teh compression can not be directly the sam as Hardware-Compression,
may the Compression in the ppp-protocoll should be good to deal with it.

may be for test's it's enough accuracy

regards

michael