Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2018 17:17:36 -0500
From:      Stari Karp <starikarp@yandex.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw firewall

Hi!

I am using FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE (amd64), single desktop computer. I try
to setup a IPFW firewall and I am confused about logging settings.
In /etc/rc.conf I have:
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_quiet="YES"
firewall_type="workstation"
firewall_logdeny="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"

When I start computer I got about firewall:
ipfw2 (+ipv6) initialized, divert loadable, nat loadable, default to
deny, logging disable
In /var/log/security is: newsyslog[28503]: logfile first created

How should I know if firewall works? I had to use pf firewall and I had
so many logs related to "igmp query v3".

Thank you.

SK