Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:28:06 -0500
From:      Edmond Baroud <SoHo@admin.fido.ca>
To:        "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH woes

do you have /root/.ssh/config ?
you have skipped this part when pasting your verbose connection with root, I'm just curious.
maybe when you're connecting with root, its reading its options from $HOME/.ssh/options + u're specifying -l testuser
and from testuser's shell it's reading /etc/ssh/config

if u dont, could u paste your "env" output for us here?

my 2c.

Ed.

--
Edmond Baroud