Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 08:31:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syscons and X

> I've recently switched back to using syscons after successfully
> running pcvt for several months and have noticed something strange.
>
> Sometimes when I quit X and type anything at the console, any keys
> that I press seem to be read as if I were holding the control key
> down, eg if I press 'p', the last command I typed appears at the
> prompt, pressing 'l' clears the screen and 'd' logs me out!

Ahem, I know of this bug too, its on my list of "known errors"..
I also know what happens, but damn if I can understand why :(
Anyways I'm committing a new version of syscons later today that
sports textmode cut&paste plus some other bugfixes, I'll take a
plunge and see if I can get this fixed also...

Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time.