Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:48:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Hauan David NFIII 92SVS/SVFS 657-5922 <david.hauan@fairchild.af.mil>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Netmask matter

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Hauan David NFIII 92SVS/SVFS 657-5922 wrote:
> For those who block xxx...
>
> Wouldn't his network need to be aaa.bbb.ccc.8  and broadcast aaa.bbb.ccc.15?
> Perhaps he is not on the implied subnet?

Those who block xxx don't deserve an answer :)

I had the broadcast wrong, .15 is correct.  But the netmask should be
aaa.bbb.ccc.248, the network is aaa.bbb.ccc.8  And since the IP range
he gave is slightly off (9-13) it may not be a CIDR block.  But the CIDR
mask is more likely to work than a full C mask given the range.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com