Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 97 19:34:16 CST
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2 Stability (was Re: another victim..)

> I've been running 2.2 since it was "current" with apache for 5 months and
> it's *never* fallen over.  The longest uptime was around 65 days, but that
> was because it was taken down for kernel updates.
>
> The web serving load isn't very high though, httpd is generating about
> 30MB of logs every month.

I don't think I've seen any instances of 2.2 truly falling over, either,
although there are times where it seems to "pause" during heavy VM activity
that doesn't happen with 2.1.X.  It's been hard to quantify precisely.

I am not trying to say that 2.2 is bad, I'm just saying that its track
record (no matter how good) is not very long.

... JG