Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:49:00 +0000
From:      "Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Subject:   Re: Semi-Historical Note [jasone@canonware.com: Disinvolvement w

> You're not going to find anyone with the experience to do this; if
> someone with the experience was on the project, it would be done.

I'm here with the same goal.... Learn, learn and learn! 8)

> I too have a SPARCstation 5 and an a few hours a week to load, compile,
> test, and file bug reports, and can probably even help with some of
> the userland stuff, but just don't have the time to dedicate to a
> full-pitch effort on the SPARC port; I have too many other irons in the
> fire.

Ok, so we have 2 sparkstation 5. Good. 8)

You will be considered as a tester, ok?

> Adam, if you want it, step up to the plate.  Someone long ago offered that
> the best way to start this port is to get the entire FreeBSD userland
> running on NetBSD-SPARC kernel.  Wanna jump on that?

This could be a good starting point. Someone has more infos about this?
Teorically, it is correct, but I think (and this is MY opinion) you must modify
something if the kernels are not very, very similar. Actually I don't know if
netbsdKernel+FreeBSD userland will work, but we can try. (I have no Sparc box,
so someone else will tell us, I hope... ;) )

P.S. Please send me your entry about the developer list. (read my message "some
info" please)

Ciao Ciao
       Paolo Di Francesco
   _