Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 11:40:44 -0700
From:      scanner@apricot.com
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: fxp0 problem - does it affect xl0 ?

    pcf> I;ve been following the fxp0 thread with interest as I have
    pcf> just upgraded all the machines at home to use these cards
    pcf> (and not yet updated them).  Was it my magination, however,
    pcf> or did someone earlier today say that this also affected the
    pcf> xl0 driver - if so then what are the symptoms and is there
    pcf> any way of ttelling whether updating will work properly or
    pcf> not ? I have a remote machine that needs updating, and I am
    pcf> rather concerned about this as physical access to the box is
    pcf> difficult at the best of times.

In my case I switched to a MB with an xl0 on it, and that actually
works. So it seems that fxp under the new driver (some fxp's, not all)
are broken for various values of broken while the xl0 continues to
work just fine.

I am continuing to test.

--Scanner (scanner@apricot.com)