Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:22:40 -0400
From:      Bush Doctor <dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        kdulzo@gerp.org, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advancing FreeBSD/sparc

Out of da blue David O'Brien aka (obrien@FreeBSD.ORG) said:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 03:24:57PM -0500, Kevin M. Dulzo wrote:
> > I see no reason to exclude older machines from a port of FreeBSD as
> > many of these lunch/pizza boxes can be had rather cheaply and are quite
> > effective at accomplishing tasks.
>
> Some disagree about this.
>
> >  I plan to work heavily on the 4c and 4m initially as a 4u machine is
> >  quite out of my reach.
>
> I have offered a few U1/170's loaners (IFF you are actually going to do
> something to move the FreeBSD/sparc64 port forward).
>
> > 	Another issue had to deal with tracking changes/committing and
> > which branch(es) should be used.  I have no idea on this one, current
> > would make the most sense, a majority of my familiarity is in the stable
> > branch.
>
> If you want any work done to be folded back into the offical FreeBSD code
> repository, the work *MUST* be done on -CURRENT.  Trying to merge any
> RELENG_4 kernel work back into -CURRENT would be very painful.
Is http://www.freebsd.org/~obrien/freebsd-sparc the official web page
for the sparc port?  I've also come across Lyndon Griffin freebsd-sparc
page at http://bsd4us.org/fsparc/.  Both pages were last modified in
January 2000.  Should one take that as the latest information on the
status of the port?

> --
> -- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)

#;^)
--
f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.

bush doctor
<dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>