Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:10:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <s1465@ii.uib.no>
To:        Mario Freitas <sub_0@netcabo.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ugly Huge BSD Monster

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Mario Freitas wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 17:37, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Joao Schim wrote:

> > > Hey Mario,
> > >
> > > Well its my experience that FreeBSD is not only the best option for
> > > firewall and Internet services but it is also very capable of running
> > > desktop apps with the greatest stability. So that makes me wonder why you
> > > seem to have that idea that FreeBSD isn't ment for Desktop.
> > > I thought there was even a  freebsd-gnome list around, and if gnome isn't
> > > desktop than i dont know what is..
> >
> > have to agree here ... I run freebsd-kde myself, and got several ppl in a
> > MSWindows desktop environment migrated to FreeBSD+KDE over the past few
> > years, who have been most happy with things ...
> >
> > It does the project a great dis-service, especially those who spend alot
> > of time working with the KDE and Gnome folks, to stereotype us as a
> > 'server only platform' :(
>
> I didn't say gnome or kde were unstable or something like that. I use
> gnome, right now, I've also used kde before but I think *BSD is not best
> suited for desktop nor linux. And using your own words "its my
> experience that FreeBSD is" the best solution for firewall and
> networking solutions.
> These are just two ideas I have, and this is just my opinion, you don't
> have think the same way, neither do I, therefore I just told my
> experience.

I hate that when people decide to put options in boxes. like..you can't
have one os which  works great as an heavily loaded server AND works great
as an deskop. I'm having the time of my life talking with my
freebsd-heavily-loaded-and-secured-server FROM my beautiful great working
freebsd kde-desktop(laptop) which does all that funky multimedia stuff I
need for my funky pleasure..(don't do an follow-up on that last one
please, hehe)

your full off crap man, hehe - (and I'm saying that in a nice way)..if
there is any, hehe

peace out h4x0r

Sondre