Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:27:34 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/news/press.html

This page contains references to a few of my Silicon Carny columns
that appeared in UnixInsider.  Unfortunately, that venue no longer
exists, so these links are now broken.

I have, however, put up my own copies of the Silicon Carny columns:

   http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny

Here is some new and/or revised link code:

       <li>
         <a name="2001February:1"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/2001.02.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Rich Morin discusses the implementation of part
         of the FreeBSD Browser.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="2001January:0"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/2001.01.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Rich Morin shows a proof-of-concept demo for the <a
         href="http://www.cfcl.com/Meta/">Meta Project</a>:
         a Web-based file tree browser
         for the FreeBSD distribution.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="2000December:0"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/2000.12.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Rich Morin examines efforts that may make documentation
         on FreeBSD and other open-source OSes easier
         to locate and use.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="2000November:0"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/2000.11.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Rich Morin reports on the conference
         and gives a helpful overview
         of the five major variants of BSD.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="2000March:6"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/2000.03.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Mentions FreeBSD, as part of a discussion
         of the "Unix Dialectic".</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="1999October:6"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/1999.10.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         Mentions FreeBSD's indexing and porting efforts.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="1999May:6"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/1999.05.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         A (somewhat subjective) comparison of FreeBSD
         with some competitive OSes.</p>
       </li>

       <li>
         <a name="1999April:1"></a>

         "http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/carny/1999.04.html">;
         SunWorld/UnixInsider (now defunct), Rich Morin<br>
         A report on Walnut Creek CDROM's FTP download site.</p>
       </li>

--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.