Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:17:03 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.7 ISOs

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:44:35AM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> ftp4.br.freebsd.org has ISOs 2 through 4, i386. No Alpha ISOs, no ISO of
> the first disk. What I find strange is that ISOs 3 and 4 were announced,
> but 2 wasn't.

Don't be surprised. ;) There are 4 full ISOs for each architecture, a
mini ISO for each, an FTP install directory for each, a package
directory for each, etc..  Each one is uploaded once it has been
tested locally.  I'm not going to send out 14 emails to announce when
each subsequent component is available.  I announced when the first
bits were made available, and a few other progress reports until all
the files are available.  Tracking every change in a directory of the
FTP site is exactly the function that some of the mirror packages were
created for, so I won't try to duplicate that roll. ;)

FYI, mdoc.local wasn't tagged properly and man pages were being
displayed with "FreeBSD 4.6" footers.  That has been corrected, but
disc1 (and the alpha build) is delayed because of that.

    - Murray