Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 01:05:50 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is Thot (WYSIWIG editor) for you?

I am not sure where you are coming from ;however, you are free to write
a ports wrapper for Thot and Amaya.

As for the thot library, yeap it is a good thing to have around .
It is nice to have such a library written in C as supposed to C++.
How much of that library am I going to use ? I don't know is not
clear to me . At lot depends on the architecture of the program.
If we use Glyphs , I supposed that we can use a lot of the library
given that the Glyph structure allows us to abstract objects:
characters, lines, columns, pages, documents.

For sure the algorithms used in Thot are worth looking into.

What I am pitching is for is that if Thot is good we can start advertising it
and hopefully standardize our internal documentation based on its format.
Internal documentation meaning things like : reports, articles, etc...