Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 07:01:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

The big thing that you are missing from this equation is the
people.

Kirk and Mike, who I know, are more dedicated to seeing
BSD as a whole succeed, than most people, so I think that you
have to factor that in.
I think they see that they are spending too much of their time
trying to play catch-up on the issues of kernel development etc and
being distracted by what what we as FreeBSD are happy to do for free,
and they would rather spend that effort on pushing BSD forward
in the maketplace.

I am sure that 'conspiracy theorists' are having a field day
but the grassy knoll doesn't come into this one.

Julian