Date:      Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:42:01 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
Cc:        Niklas Saers <berenmls@saers.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MSDOSFS

> > unavaible as the floppy. Why does the entire filesystem go down with one
> > minor problem such as the floppy? And how can I avoid this. (except from
> > using bad floppies, that is :) )
> Don't mount floppies, use mtools instead.
Hmm.. I don't think thats really an nice solution..
The whole point of the FS is that it abstracts file access so that you don't
need different programs to access different types of drive. (ie I don't need
tar which works with MFS, FFS, and NFS, because the FS abstracts access to
files..)
Perhaps MSDOSFS needs the 'soft' option a la NFS =)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |